Front Desk Agent
We are currently looking for an experienced front desk agent to work Sunday morning and Monday evening, plus availability required to be able to cover at least one other weekly shift.
You'll get free yoga with great instructors, discounts on yoga inspired retail and retreats, and the opportunity to hang out with yogis all day in Highland Park.
The position offers a minimum of 10 hours/week and a maximum of 20 hours/week with shifts being during the weekend and one occasional evening shift during the week.
- Able to commit to this position for a minimum of 12 months.
- Fixed weekly schedule:
- available every Sun 7:45-1:45pm
- available every Monday 5-8:45pm
- available on Saturday 7:45am-6pm, occasionally
- Flexible and willing to work for occasional workshop support an extra hour or two per month
- available to occasionally cover one of: Mon-Fri 3:45pm-9:45pm
- Available to cover front desk in last minute call offs or staff sickness
Compensation: $12-$13/hour depending on experience, *unlimited yoga membership*, discounts on all products, workshops, retail.
The ideal candidate:
must be dependable, diligent, self-motivated, confident, great with people and have experience using MindbodyOnline software.
The responsibilities include signing in classes, answering questions about our class offering, selling class packages and memberships, and taking payments quickly and accurately. The job includes light cleaning; dealing with a variety of customer inquiries; making our yogis happy; being firm and confident in dealing with refund policies; inventory and selling retail, and yoga. Occasional light marketing work such as helping with fliers or signage in the studio. Beautiful handwriting is a plus!
The ideal applicant is a person who:
loves yoga and lives it.
- takes initiative and is a self-starter.
works well alone, but is also outgoing.
- has an eye for detail.
skilled at providing quality attention to all who enter.
enjoys organizing the studio.
- willing to be honest with themselves and others, has the courage to say "No."
is able to multi-task without stress and strain.
- does the right thing because it is right, even when it’s not convenient.
is happy to provide light cleaning: floor care, blanket folding, prop organizing, restroom upkeep, sweeping leaves, etc.
has 12+ months work experience in customer service/sales.
If you are a great communicator, work well alone, take initiative, and interested, please contact us!
Please note we are only accepting applicants via email and not in person or via paper.
Email a pdf of your resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org as follows: Email Subject = Job Title + Your Full Name.
Include your name, phone number, the hours you are available to work each day, your salary history and salary requirements and the answers to questions below in the BODY of your email:
- Describe yourself in a few words.
- Tell us about the best place you've worked at and why.
- Favorite blogs or websites.
- Why do you want to work at Namaste and how will you contribute?
- Tell us what you know about Namaste. What do you like? What would you do differently?
- Optional (not required but welcomed): Please complete this personality test and provide your 4 letter personality type to us.